Saturday, October 27, 2012

And We're Off...

Hey there beautiful people.  Welcome to MommyK's Place.  I'm happy to be starting my very own blog.  My hope is that I can minister to your needs and anxieties about this whole "being responsible for little human beings" thing.  I won't claim to have all the answers, but as the proud mommy of 3 beautiful kiddos, chances are I might have some.  If there's some kind of trouble, my kids have found it.  If there is some sickness or injury, yep, probably been there.  If there is some idea of crazy, hey, I do crazy daily.  So hopefully I can shed some light on some topics and help you gain incredible wisdom from my... ok, mostly from my mistakes.  :) 

I am a happy bride of over 20 years to my computer "geek" (oops, I meant "tech")/football coach hubbie.  My "perfect" (bahahahaa) blessings are DD 16, DS 12, and DD 2.  Yes, we got a little surprise a couple of years ago.  Unexpected, but VERY appreciated.  We wouldn't change having our little Roo for anything. 

I believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God.  I am so thankful for his wonderful gift of salvation and eternal life.  I hope to serve up feasts of His Word as I join you each time in blog land.  I am so grateful for the blessings He has given me in my family, my home, and my job.  He lives in me and I hope to allow Him to shine through me as I share and visit with you friends. 

I am a special education teacher and after-school program director.  I LOVE my job!!  My students are the most tenacious, little characters and they brighten my life every day.  Sometimes the hours are long and my one month off in the summer cannot make up for all the extra time I spend nights and weekends, but I wouldn't change what I do if I could.  Did I mention I LOVE my job!!?

So thanks for joining me friends.  I am excited about this journey and thankful that you are here to begin it with me.  I do know that this adventure was planned lovingly by my Heavenly Father:

 "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."  Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT)

Thanks for journeying with me!


MommyK


No comments:

Post a Comment